The land belonged to John Bunyan Slaughter, as it was on his U Lazy S Ranch. In 1906, Slaughter sold it to Charles William (C. W.) Post, the breakfast cereal manufacturer, who founded "Post City" as a utopian colonizing venture in 1907. Post devised the community as a model town. He purchased 200,000 acres (810km2) of ranchland and established the Double U Company to manage the town's construction. The company built trim houses and numerous structures, which included the Algerita Hotel, a gin, and a textile plant. They planted trees along every street and prohibited alcoholic beverages and brothels. The Double U Company rented and sold farms and houses to settlers. A post office began in a tent during the year of Post City's founding, being established (with the name Post) July 18, 1907, with Frank L. Curtis as first postmaster. Two years later, the town had a school, a bank, and a newspaper, the Post City Post, the same name as the daily in St. Louis, Missouri. The Garza County paper today is called the Post Dispatch. The railroad reached the town in 1910. The town changed its name to "Post" when it incorporated in 1914, the year of C. W. Post's death. By then, Post had a population of 1000, 10 retail businesses, a dentist, a physician, a sanitarium, and Baptist, Methodist, and Presbyterian churches.
The album was produced by Clive Shakespeare (Sherbet guitarist) and Kelly, and was released in May 1985 by the independent White Records label, leased to Mushroom Records. The album failed to chart in Australia, with only one single, "From St Kilda to Kings Cross", released in April which also failed to chart. The name of the album, Post relates to both being 'after' significant changes in Kelly's life and to the sense of a 'signpost' to future directions. Kelly dedicated the album to Paul Hewson, keyboardist and songwriter for New Zealand/Australian band Dragon who had died of a heroin overdose in January. Kelly has described Post as a concept album dealing with addictions - not necessarily heroin addiction - but various forms, he has also denied that the songs were autobiographical but that he wrote about the world around him.
The district was established, with the other 13, on July 25, 1952, substituting the old Germanstates. After October 3, 1990, it was disestablished due to the German reunification, becoming again part of the state of Brandenburg.
As the lead ship of her class, models of the Frankfurt underwent testing in a large ice-tank laboratory.
She cost 4.2 million euros.
Her design features a pair of diesel generators that power electric motors that actually drive the propeller.
The use of a diesel-electric system provides a "good torque curve", and eliminates the need for a bulky gearbox.
The electric motor can consume up to 700 kilowatts (940hp)
She has a third "harbor diesel" of 15 kilowatts (20hp).
"Eisbrecher Frankfurt" (in German). Wasser und Schifffahrtsamt Eberswalde (Waterways and Shipping Office Eberswalde, a sub-agency of the Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Affairs). 2009-09-28. Retrieved 2012-06-16. Besatzung: Schiffsführer, Steuermann, Maschinist, Matrose. Bei Bedarf Dolmetscher. (Crew: Skipper, mate, engineer, sailor. Interpreters when needed.)